[AstroPy] correcting geometric distortion in HST data

Abhijith Rajan abhijithrajan at asu.edu
Mon Jan 6 13:54:39 EST 2014

Hi,

Apologies if this question has been answered in the past.

I want to correct for the geometric distortion in some HST/WFC3 data
without using going through the process of using the drizzle software from
STScI. I have written my own code to to up-sample the data where I
interlace the different dither steps to create an image that has twice the
resolution of the original. The purpose was to get the PSF Nyquist (just)
sampled prior to running any other linear transformations. The distortion
coefficients in the header of the original FLT images are for the
undersampled data and I was wondering if I can use them without
modification?

Any help would be extremely valuable.

Thanks
Abhi

Abhijith Rajan
PhD Candidate
Arizona State University
School of Earth & Space Exploration
Interdisciplinary Sci & Tech Bldg 4 Rm 542
Tempe, AZ 85287
Tel: (480) 727-2559
Fax: (480) 965-8102
www.abhijithrajan.com