[AstroPy] Some Feedbacks about Astropy

Martin Beroiz martinberoiz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:47:57 EDT 2014

Hello,

I also did my own registration code based on an approximate rotation + translation and source correspondence with a RANSAC
algorithm. It’s inspired in openCV’s algorithms for image registration and it works with stellar fields like the ones I use.
(openCV methods didn’t work out of the box for the images I needed)

But I would like to see something like astrometry.net does, identifying pentagons or other polygons in both images.
In fact I tried to do something like that myself and then I set that aside for lack of time.
Does anyone know if there’s anything like that implemented yet? I would like to see that included in astropy.

M.