[AstroPy] Astropy WCS question

Brian York york at stsci.edu
Mon Jul 21 15:35:03 EDT 2014

Greetings,

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I did not have terribly
good luck in searching the list archives. I'm currently working on some
image simulation, and think that astropy.wcs might be useful to me, but
I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable about WCS systems (or, for that matter,
about astropy) to be sure.

I have a list of sources, each with an RA, DEC, and intensity (in
counts/s), and I have a FITS header representing my output image, with WCS
and SIP coefficients. I know that wcs_world2pix would give me pixel
co-ordinates in the absence of distortion, but I'm wondering if there's
some combination of calls that can convert from (RA,DEC) to (X,Y) with the
distortion information that I have available?

Thanks,
	-Brian York