[AstroPy] Adding new database in astropy.vo conesearch

Joe Philip Ninan indiajoe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 07:35:58 EDT 2014

Hi Pey Lian,
Thanks a lot for the links. We shall try the example in github thread.
-cheers
joe

On 29 July 2014 01:59, Pey Lian Lim <p3y1i4n at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> To use your own service for Cone Search (just for your own use, not
> for general astropy installation):
>
> http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/vo/conesearch/client.html#database-manipulation
>
> You might also find the example in the third last message of this
> thread helpful:
> https://github.com/astropy/astropy/issues/1206
>
> However, if you want your WISE catalog to be part of the STScI nightly
> validation that is used by astropy by default, it needs to be added to
> astropy.vo via a pull request. It also needs to be already registered
> with STScI VAO registry (http://vao.stsci.edu/). For this, it is
> easiest to contact STScI Help Desk at help[at]stsci.edu.
>
> Sincerely,
> Pey-Lian

"GNU/Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste" -  GNU Generation

Joe Philip Ninan
Research Scholar        /________________\
DAA,                            | Vadakeparambil |
TIFR,                           | Pullad P.O.         |
Mumbai-05, India.      | Kerala, India      |
Ph: +917738438212   | PIN:689548       |