[AstroPy] installation problems on a mac

Eric L. N. Jensen ejensen1 at swarthmore.edu
Wed Jun 25 10:58:39 EDT 2014

Hi Stephen,

For what it’s worth, I’ve had good luck on the Mac (using OS X 10.7 up to 10.9) with both anaconda and Ureka.  Both of them come with astropy already installed, but I’ve also had no problems updating astropy within those environments using the standard tools.

I know this doesn’t answer your original question, and no one likes being told to ditch their installed distribution and get another, but I just thought I’d share this in case you’re considering a different distro.

Eric