[AstroPy] PyFU datacube mosaicking package

James Turner jturner at gemini.edu
Tue May 6 13:29:14 EDT 2014

Hello,

I've finally got around to posting my IFU datacube mosaicking scripts
at http://drforum.gemini.edu/topic/pyfu-datacube-mosaicking-package/.

This was actually written (some years ago) more as an IRAF-style
PyRAF package to complement the Gemini scripts than as a Python user
module and currently doesn't have a well-documented Python interface
or setup.py etc. but it may be useful to people nonetheless and can be
fixed up if there's demand. I'd rather focus any more serious effort,
however, on getting the underlying functionality into AstroPy; this
code is built on a somewhat-incomplete, experimental data access class
from ~8 years ago (my first non-trivial Python code) that really ought
to be replaced by nddata & gWCS at this point.

I'm curious whether there's any news on the datacube package that
Sophia Lianou posted about last October?

Cheers,

James.