[AstroPy] Astropy Web

Perry Greenfield stsci.perry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:54:43 EDT 2014

Hi Lucas,

I'm reading this as a question of how to display an image to a browser. The simple way is to use matplotlib with the Agg backend, render the images in memory, then save them as jpg files, and then render those on the web page. If you need an interactive image display on the browser, that is also possible, but more involved.

See this for examples: http://matplotlib.org/faq/howto_faq.html#matplotlib-in-a-web-application-server

If you mean something else, please clarify.

Cheers, Perry