[AstroPy] Convolving FITS images

Rene Plume rplume at ucalgary.ca
Fri Oct 10 16:30:44 EDT 2014

Hi!

I'm fairly new to python and have been trying to figure out how to use it (using both astropy and aplpy) to do some rather standard things without too much success.  For example, how would I read in a FITS image (I figured this part out), plot it in wcs coordinates, and then convolve the image with a telescope beam of a fixed angular FWHM?  I then want to take a vertical slice of my image so that I have an output ascii file of (say) RA (or RA offset from some reference position) versus flux.

Thanks!

René Plume
Department of Physics & Astronomy
University of Calgary

Phone:(403) 220-6909
email: rplume at ucalgary.ca<mailto:rplume at ucalgary.ca>

"I will be so brief I have already finished"

                - Salvador Dali in the World's shortest speech