[AstroPy] question re specutils

Erik Bray embray at stsci.edu
Wed Sep 17 11:18:00 EDT 2014

On 09/17/2014 11:15 AM, Aycha Tammour wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> specutils.__version__
> ''
>
> specutils.__file__
> 'specutils/__init__.py'
>
> The package I am using is the one I grabbed from the github repo just yesterday.

It sounds like you're just trying to import the package directly out of the
repository clone without building the package first or installing it.

It looks like specutils doesn't have installation instructions as such, but I
recommend looking at the installation instructions for Astropy as it applies all
the same:

http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/install.html

Erik