[AstroPy] question re specutils

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:59:29 EDT 2014

Hi Aycha,

Erik B. has already given a relatively good instruction how to install
specutils. As Tom R. said there has not been an official release of
specutils, however it is ready for science (and is also being used for that
;-) ). Obviously it depends on what the science you want to do. Kyle et al.
has written the extinction part and documentation and it is mostly ready
for consumption (I used it a couple of times).

It is pretty clearly laid out in the document that Erik sent (
http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/install.html#obtaining-the-source-packages)
 of what to do -- including the need to install cython.

Let us know how it goes,
    Wolfgang