[AstroPy] Bug in wcs_world2pix?

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:14:34 EDT 2014

Ah of course, this is indeed what is going on here! I agree that it's
worth thinking about whether cases like this should return an error.
In the past (in WCSAxes) I've simply checked if the coordinate
round-trips in order to determine if it's in the observational plane,
but it may be more sensible to simply return NaN.

Cheers,
Tom