[AstroPy] boolean header keyword

Abhijith Rajan abhijithrajan at asu.edu
Tue Apr 14 16:26:55 EDT 2015

Hello,

This is most likely a question for Eric, but I thought I'd see if someone
knew the answer. I'm using the setval command in astropy.io.fits to update
a header keyword in an HST image (SUBARRAY). The keyword originally
contains either a T or F if the image is a subarray or not.

How do I use setval to change the keyword from T to F or vice versa. Right
now its updating the header with a string and essentially crashing the code
checking to make sure that the image is not a subarray.

Thanks
Abhi

Abhijith Rajan
PhD Candidate
Arizona State University
School of Earth & Space Exploration
Interdisciplinary Sci & Tech Bldg 4 Rm 542
Tempe, AZ 85287
Tel: (480) 727-2559
Fax: (480) 965-8102
www.abhijithrajan.com