[AstroPy] Convert FITS header into astropy Table entries?

Matthew Craig mcraig at mnstate.edu
Wed Aug 19 13:34:29 EDT 2015

I’m late to the party, but ccdproc is about to add an ImageFileCollection obj
that does (I think) what you are looking for…given a directory containing FITS
files, make a table out of their headers (will not handle multiple extensions in
a single file gracefully).

Couldn't it just include a column for the extension within that file?  Or is
there something I'm missing?

Yes, I think it *could*…but in its current state I don’t think it *would* :)

Matt Craig

schedule:  http://physics.mnstate.edu/craig
——

Professor