[AstroPy] normalizing pictures from camera at various settings

Eyal Saiet ejsaiet at alaska.edu
Fri Dec 4 16:42:45 EST 2015

Hello,
I am taking an image processing class. My class project involves working
with given camera images of the night sky. Because the camera is set at at
auto, I cannot compare intensity of two images(camera sensitivity varies
due to changes in shutter speed, aperture, and ISO). Is there any algorithm
you would recommend that can infer what the dark night sky should look like
in the histogram, and use that information to adjust the histogram,
therefore enabling me to compare  two image DN values, from different
camera settings?