[AstroPy] JointFitter help

Brandon Swift bjswift at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 03:05:26 EST 2015

Hi all, I'm a pretty new user here, but I recognize a lot of names
from throughout the years on the active developer lists

I'm looking for help in the use of the JointFitter class (astropy
v0.4.4 downloaded via pip), and I can't find an example of use
anywhere online. Alternatively, if someone could please point me to a
relevant thread in these mailing list archives, which I don't see how
to search, that could also be helpful.

What I'm trying to do is fit raw RGB pixel data from a digital camera
to a gaussian. Because the pixels for each color are mixed together,
but they should all share the same mean/stddev/theta and have
different amplitudes (because of differing color response), I think
the JointFitter class sounds like the way to go for what I'm trying to
do. I'm looking at the source, and can't really tell precisely what it
wants from me (and I think the docstring is lying a bit).

Thanks, and cheers.
Brandon Swift