[AstroPy] Astropy v1.0rc2 ready for testing

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 01:55:51 EST 2015

Hello all,

The first Release Candidate for Astropy v1.0 led to enough fixes and minor
adjustments that we have decided to issue a second release candidate for
testing (v1.0rc2).  Hopefully all will go well with this one and we can do
the final v1.0 release very soon.

Please help us test if you can! You can install it with pip by doing "pip
install --pre astropy".  If you're using an anaconda distribution, you'll
either need to "conda remove astropy" or make a new environment before
installing the rc from pip.

Documentation is available at:
http://astropy.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0rc2/

Of particular note is the what's new section for 1.0:
http://astropy.readthedocs.org/en/v1.0rc2/whatsnew/1.0.html

--
Erik Tollerud