[AstroPy] reading tables causes seg fault

Eric L. N. Jensen ejensen1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Jan 8 10:27:20 EST 2015

>> On Wed Dec 17 2014 at 9:10:21 PM Semyeong Oh <semyeong.oh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, is there a way to search astropy mailing list? I couldn’t find one on archive, and I think it’d be really helpful.
>
> On Jan 8, 2015, at 9:54 AM, Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitaille at gmail.com> wrote
> There is no easy way to search the mailing list as far as I know, though it should be indexed by Google so maybe you can find old threads that way.

More specifically, if you add "site:mail.scipy.org/pipermail/astropy/“ to your Google search, it will only search that part of that site, which contains the astropy list archive.  So for example

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.scipy.org%2Fpipermail%2Fastropy%2F+fault&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

will search the list for the word “fault”.

If you want to restrict your search term to appearing only in the title of the page (which should be the original Subject line of the message), then prepend it with “allintitle:”, for example

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=allintitle:ascii+site:mail.scipy.org%2Fpipermail%2Fastropy

will find pages with “ascii” in the title - about 14 pages, whereas searching the whole list for “ascii” has 191 results.

Hope this helps -

Eric