[AstroPy] astroquery broken after update?

Adam Ginsburg adam.g.ginsburg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:29:55 EDT 2015

It looks like this is happening just when you import astropy; can you
still import astropy.units and astropy.coordinates?  If not, the
problem lies there.  If this is really just in astroquery, I'm not
sure what's going on - does it happen for other astroquery submodules?

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu> wrote:
> This problem may be peculiar to my set up, but it's working on my laptop,
> but on an anaconda based system where I simply did a "pip install
> astroquery"
> (which has worked for other things in this way), i can't import any
> submodules
> under astroquery anymore, viz.
>
>     import astroquery.simbad
>
> would result in the following error, and wondering if this can be fixed
> in some
> way or another....
>

> ValueError: Input values did not match any of the formats where the
> format keyword is optional [u'astropy_time', u'datetime', u'jyear_str',
> u'iso', u'isot', u'yday', u'byear_str']
>
> this came from:
>
> /astromake/opt/python/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/astropy/time/core.pyc
> in _get_time_fmt(self, val, val2, format, scale)
> --> 281             raise ValueError('Input values did not match
> {0}'.format(err_msg))
>

> which came from
>
> /astromake/opt/python/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/astropy/time/core.pyc
> in _init_from_vals(self, val, val2, format, scale, copy)
> --> 241         self._time = self._get_time_fmt(val, val2, format, scale)
>

> /astromake/opt/python/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/astropy/time/core.pyc
> in __init__(self, val, val2, format, scale, precision, in_subfmt,
> out_subfmt, location, copy)
> --> 199             self._init_from_vals(val, val2, format, scale, copy)
>
> /astromake/opt/python/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/astropy/coordinates/earth_orientation.py
> in <module>()
> ---> 19 jd1950 = Time('B1950', scale='tai').jd

Adam Ginsburg
Fellow, European Southern Observatory
http://www.adamgginsburg.com/