[AstroPy] ffa in python

R Schumacher rays at blue-cove.com
Tue Jun 9 12:21:06 EDT 2015

I've only a cursory knowledge of FFA, but FFT
assumes sinusoidal data (or sums of) and so may
not best represent periodic pulses in, say,
single ended data acquisition, or swept signals etc

FFA is supposed to look for regularity in pulses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AFast_folding_algorithm
Being an amateur astronomer I searched your use case
https://books.google.com/books?id=OZ8tdN6qJcsC&pg=PA151&lpg=PA151&dq=fast+folding+algorithm&source=bl&ots=mwe0QvaHU5&sig=Xg1Kwad46yC_BMxyKu_GR37LaFA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=EhF3VYudBojiUeiogvAH&ved=0CDAQ6AEwBg

- Ray