[AstroPy] [ANN] TARDIS 1.0.1

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:11:05 EST 2015

I’m happy to announce the 1.0.1 release of TARDIS  - a 1D montecarlo
spectral synthesis code for supernovae.  Documentation and example files
are available at http://tardis.readthedocs.org (Paper I can be found at
http://labs.adsabs.harvard.edu/adsabs/abs/2014MNRAS.440..387K/). Currently,
we focus on SN Ia but are in the process of implementing the necessary
microphysics for Type II supernovae.

This release contains all the development effort of the TARDIS team from
the 0.9.2 release (June 2014) till now. The major change in this case is
that most of the montecarlo part is now written in C (the user interaction
is and will stay python), which in some cases gives a speed increase of a
factor of 4 and more.

A detailed account of our development can be seen in the changelog:
https://github.com/tardis-sn/tardis/blob/master/CHANGELOG.rstThis release
is the work of 9 months development work

As usual, we would like to thank the astropy community, for providing not
only astropy but also package-template/astropy-helpers that is used heavily
within TARDIS.

The code is available through PyPi and the github repo https://github.com/
tardis-sn/tardis.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you encounter any problems with the
code!

Happy synthesizing,
    Wolfgang (on behalf of the TARDIS team)