[AstroPy] [ANN] Astropy v1.0.1 Released

Erik Bray embray at stsci.edu
Fri Mar 6 19:07:51 EST 2015

Hi all,

We don't always advertise Astropy patch releases, but I wanted to make a note of
this one since it comes closely on the heels of Astropy v1.0.  This release was
made as soon as it was primarily to address two issues:

1) One of the key new features of Astropy v1.0, the vastly sped up ASCII table
reading, was not fully functioning on Windows. [1]

2) There were a few installation issues, particularly affecting Astropy
affiliated packages more than Astropy itself. [2]

A handful of other bug fixes came along for the ride.  You can read the full
changelog here:

https://github.com/astropy/astropy/blob/v1.0.x/CHANGES.rst#101-2015-03-06

Thanks to everyone involved for your continued effort to make Astropy as stable
and reliable as can be!

Erik B.