[AstroPy] Astropy and large VOTable files

Jennifer Baldwin jebaldwin at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:11:12 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I was trying to find an answer to this but could not. I am wondering if
parse_single_table will attempt to read an entire VOTable file? Or if it
will operate the same way as for FITS files so that when you slice the
returned data array, it only loads the part it needs into memory? I'm
concerned with how it will perform with extremely large xml files, but
could not find a direct answer anywhere in the documentation.

Thanks!