[AstroPy] Healpy

Erik Bray embray at stsci.edu
Mon Oct 5 11:53:17 EDT 2015

I strongly agree with Wolfgang here--licensing issues aside I don't think
healpy, or some equivalent thereof, really belongs in the Astropy core package
in the first place.  But having a Pythonic interface to healpix that works
seamlessly with other Astropy-ish code is good and the reproject package seems
to be the place for that.  Couldn't have said it better.

Erik