[AstroPy] fits coordinate system keyword

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:47:11 EDT 2015

That is so. You're absolutely right!  I'm so sorry! I did not catch that
one.

That is probably an error that sneeked into the FITS headers from Swift.
Perhaps its a Heasarc thing, but somehow I think its a bug.

Thank you all for  helping with this.

Paul

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:17 PM, Thomas Robitaille <
thomas.robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >     >
> >     >     On 10/05/2015 12:17 PM, Paul Kuin wrote:
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >         I am getting very annoyed of the warning that keeps
> popping up
> >     >
> >     >         WARNING: FITSFixedWarning: RADECSYS= 'FK5' / default
> >     >         RADECSYS is non-standard, use RADESYSa. [astropy.wcs.wcs]
> >     >
> >     >         I'm not sure when the FITS standard changed, but MOST
> legacy
> >     >         fits files (I use)
> >     >         will have the RADECSYS keyword. It works, and I do not see
> why
> >     >         someone felt the
> >     >         need to keep this warning being popped up all the time.
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >     Probably as a warning to remind authors of new files that they
> >     >     shouldn't be using that keyword.  I don't know that it
> necessarily
> >     >     needs to be displayed every time reading in a WCS except maybe
> >     >     head off cases of ambiguity.  But I don't know this particular
> >     issue
> >     >     well enough to be sure if the warning is appropriate in all
> >     cases or
> >     >     not.
> >     >
> >     >         I think that by default it should be off.
> >     >
> >     >         Since you all probably think it should be there, I would
> >     like to
> >     >         know how to
> >     >         turn it off ?  any suggestion on how to do that?
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >     http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/warnings.html
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >     Erik
> >     >
> >     >     _______________________________________________
> >     >     AstroPy mailing list
> >     >     AstroPy at scipy.org <mailto:AstroPy at scipy.org>
> >     <mailto:AstroPy at scipy.org <mailto:AstroPy at scipy.org>>
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > --
> >     >
> >     > * * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
> >     > Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk <mailto:n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk>
> >     <mailto:n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk <mailto:n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk>>)
> >     > phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204927 (work)
> >     > mobile +44(0)7806985366 <tel:%2B44%280%297806985366>  skype ID:
> npkuin
> >     > Mullard Space Science Laboratory  – University College London  –
> >     > Holmbury St Mary – Dorking – Surrey RH5 6NT–  U.K.

* * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk)
phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204927 (work)
mobile +44(0)7806985366  skype ID: npkuin