[AstroPy] [ANN] ccdproc 0.3.3: CCD data reduction

Steve Crawford crawford at saao.ac.za
Sun Oct 25 20:47:27 EDT 2015

To use the scaling property, you would pass a list of exposure times to use for the scaling. So if you have two images (x,y) with exposure times of (10, 20), then the following should work in the most recent release of ccdproc:

c = Combiner((x,y))
c.scaling = (10,20)
z = c.average_combine()

For more information, take a look at:
http://ccdproc.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ccdproc/image_combination.html

In the next major release that is not quite ready, we will have a convenience function for combining data as well as a class (ImageCollections) for easily handling image header information. You may want to try out that version if you are interested in some of the more advanced feature. Please let us know if you any questions either here or on the github repo.

Thanks for your interest!