[AstroPy] Best practices for Python sample code in journal articles

August (Gus) Muench august.fly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:07:23 EDT 2016

As one of the ApJ/AJ journal data scientists, I just want to weigh in that
our view is that notebooks should be presented in a narrative form and not
just a supplementary file linked to the final articles. Until we can
support that fully formed narrative form, which we are investigating, it
seems like the best option is to host them in your github repo as Kevin
suggested and does so well for his paper.

Another example that I have to share is from Mingarelli et al. 2015:

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/#abs/2015ApJ...814L..20M/abstract

and

https://github.com/ChiaraMingarelli/blackHoleBatteryFRBs/blob/master/transient.ipynb

- gus