[AstroPy] ANN: Release of ccdproc 1.1

R Schumacher rays at blue-cove.com
Tue Aug 2 11:49:49 EDT 2016

At 08:15 AM 8/2/2016, Matthew Craig wrote:

>Dear colleagues,
>
>We are pleased to announce the release of ccdproc v1.1.
>
>Ccdproc is is an Astropy affiliated package for basic data
>reduction of CCD images.

Years ago I wrote a script which combined various length exposures
via exposure time with masked arrays where each contributing exposure
length had clip/mask points (primarily white clip in long exposures
and dark in short).
Is such a thing planned? It's a fairly simple algo.
http://ccdproc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/ccdproc.Combiner.html#ccdproc.Combiner

The result is high dynamic range, with variable noise in 2D space.
I'm sure a 2D STD could be calculated per pixel, but I did not.

- Ray Schumacher