[AstroPy] Roles in the Astropy project

Aldcroft, Thomas aldcroft at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 30 07:07:45 EDT 2016

Dear Astropy community member,
On behalf of the Astropy coordination committee I would like to draw your
attention to an initiative to explicitly define roles within the Astropy
project.  These roles encompass a broad scope of responsibilities ranging
from direct package development to communication, distribution, and
managerial activities.  We have created a new web page describing roles
which is available at the link below:
  http://www.astropy.org/team.html
The primary goal is to ensure sustainability of the project and to minimize
gaps in support.  Another driver is to formally and visibly acknowledge the
people performing these duties and to provide links to the detailed role
descriptions for outside reference.
IMPORTANT: If you have comments or questions about the existing roles, or
would like to volunteer for a role (whether or not unfilled), please
contact us at coordinators at astropy.org.
Best regards,
Tom AldcroftKelle CruzTom RobitailleErik Tollerud