[AstroPy] Cosmology Recession Velocity

Michael Seifert michaelseifert04 at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 23 20:05:00 EST 2016

Many thanks, your explanation is very good and the notebook even better.

But I have another question because I think the problem arose because I misunderstood something fundamental here. They quoted in their paper that "present day recession velocities are shown" (defining it in a later paper as "a(z) = a(0)"). So is present day recession velocity the "current" recession velocity (62c) or the currently measurable recession velocity of light that reaches us (3.3c)?
If that's beyond the scope of the mailing list, I apologize.

Thanks again,Michael