[AstroPy] Opportunities at STScI

Warren Hack hack at stsci.edu
Fri Jan 22 11:44:16 EST 2016

Hello,

The Science Software Branch (SSB) at Space Telescope Science Institute
(STScI) is currently looking for developers to help us develop astropy
and other software we need to support the James Webb Space
Telescope(JWST) and, in the near future, the WFIRST-AFTA space
telescope.  This work will focus primarily on developing the libraries
SSB needs to use in creating the calibration and data analysis software
for working with JWST data.  Those libraries include expanding on many
of the packages in astropy, as well as other Python and/or C packages
such as matplotlib and numpy.

The full official posting for the positions we are trying to fill can be
found at:

https://rn11.ultipro.com/SPA1004/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*BC749502A69AE971

This posting will remain active until we fill all our open positions, so
please ignore any dates specified in the posting and specify in your
cover letter that you are applying for the SSB positions.

Please note that we are only able to hire developers who can meet ITAR
requirements (primarily, US Citizen or Green card holder).

SSB and STScI strongly encourages women, minorities, veterans and
disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.

Sincerely,
Warren Hack
Science Software Branch Lead (Acting)