[AstroPy] fftw3

Bruno O. Sánchez bruno.sanchez.63 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:17:22 EDT 2016

Hello guys,

I am an astronomer from Córdoba Argentina, and I work a lot with astropy. I
have been working on proper coaddition of images with spatially variant
PSF, and I am currently using the convolution from astropy and scipy.

I've encountered some perfomance issues, and noticed that there is some
previous discussion on the settings of astropy.convolution.convolve fft
engines.

I wonder if any of you have succeded in setting a fftw3 engine for
convolution, and if you have a snippet for using it. The fftw3 planning
stage confuses me, and I can't find a documentation on pyfftw3.

Any clues you can give me for this would be greatly appreciated!

Bruno SANCHEZ
Observatorio Astronómico de Córdoba

--
Bruno