[AstroPy] fftw3

Marshall Perrin mperrin at stsci.edu
Fri Jun 24 13:07:14 EDT 2016

Dear Bruno,

We use pyfftw as an optional dependency in our poppy physical optics library.  Our application is for complex wavefront propagation rather than convolutions but it still shows how to use the library, including the planning setup which I agree is not that well explained. For example code you can look here:
https://github.com/mperrin/poppy/blob/master/poppy/poppy_core.py
https://github.com/mperrin/poppy/blob/master/poppy/utils.py

Cheers,

 - Marshall