[AstroPy] UserWarning When Opening FITS File

Demitri Muna demitri.muna at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:29:10 EST 2016

On Mar 6, 2016, at 12:24 PM, j. vickroy <jgv.home at gmail.com> wrote:

> My preference is to avoid these distributions -- mostly because of a frustrating experience with Canopy a few years back.
>
> Do you use the Anaconda distribution on Microsoft Windows?  If so, any issues with it?

I’ve never used Windows. I used to use the Enthought distribution, but over time it became more difficult to work with. By the time they introduced Canopy I switched over to Anaconda. It’s a very good, easy to use distribution. Give it a try; it’s well worth it.

If you prefer, you can just install it and pretend it’s a standalone installation, but the “conda” package manager is very easy to use. You can still use pip to install anything you want, but if you use conda for the packages Anaconda maintains, you won’t run into the dependency/library problems you have.

Demitri

Demitri Muna
http://muna.com

Department of Astronomy