[AstroPy] Interested in Hosting Python in Astronomy 2018?

Stuart Mumford stuart at cadair.com
Fri Nov 25 05:04:42 EST 2016

Hello all,

I am chair of the SOC for Python in Astronomy 2017, which is scheduled
for May 8-12 at the Lorentz Center in Leiden, the Netherlands
http://openastronomy.org/pyastro/2017).

I am getting in touch because we would like to start the process of
choosing the 2018 venue as soon as possible and, ideally, announce the
2018 location at the upcoming 2017 conference.

If you are interested in hosting the 2018 Python in Astronomy conference
and have not already filled out our venue information form, please do
so: https://goo.gl/forms/hWkoDPX8KWEwZGUQ2(Note: if you already filled
in this form with 2017 in mind, you will be considered for 2018)

The SOC for 2017 will shortlist some venues and be in touch. We also
plan to talk to you or a representative of your venue at the 2017
conference and then announce the 2018 venue at the conference dinner.

Thanks,

Stuart Mumford, on behalf of the Python in Astronomy 2017 SOC.