[AstroPy] Wrong earth mass in astropy.constants

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:44:36 EST 2016

The main problem we are facing in Astropy is that if we update constants
from one release to the next, results might then change, which might not be
acceptable for some users. Therefore, we need to make sure we have a
mechanism for users to import a 'fixed/frozen' version of constants that
will not change in future releases of Astropy, and this is why there are
delays currently in updating some of the constants.

Cheers,
Tom