[AstroPy] zhtools / pywavelet

Christoph Deil Christoph.Deil at mpi-hd.mpg.de
Tue Oct 25 10:03:25 EDT 2016

> On 25 Oct 2016, at 15:31, Pascale Hibon <phibon at eso.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to use the pywavelet package to run a “a trous” wavelet decomposition on an image.
> There is a function called wvdecomp in the zhtools package (not a python package) which does it. But I would like to find the equivalent in python.
> After reading some documentations, it seems that the pywavelet swt2 function could be used but a wavelet family need to be selected.
> I was wondering if some of you have some experiences with pywavelet and have recommendation on how to use a “a trous” wavelet decomposition with python.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Pascale

Hi Pascale,

I’ve used “a trous” from  https://github.com/abrazhe/image-funcut <https://github.com/abrazhe/image-funcut> a few years ago.
Don’t remember much about how it works or compares to pywavelet swt2, or if it’s maintained.

But I thought I’d mention it as another option you can look at.

Christoph