[AstroPy] IRAF geomap and geotran equivalent in AstroPy?

Russell Kackley rkackley at naoj.org
Tue Sep 27 23:29:23 EDT 2016

I have some code that uses the IRAF geomap and geotran tasks via the pyraf
interface. I would like to replace those IRAF tasks with something from
AstroPy, if possible. I searched the AstroPy mailing
list archives to see if anyone had a suggestion for an AstroPy replacement
for those two tasks. Back in June 2010, Juan Catalan asked if AstroPy had
something equivalent to geomap and geotran.

https://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/astropy/2010-June/000971.html

However, I didn't see a reply that suggested an AstroPy equivalent for the
IRAF tasks. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion for an AstroPy
replacement of geomap and/or geotran? Thanks.

--
Russell Kackley
Subaru Telescope