[AstroPy] help

Ruth Gebremedhin rgg282 at nyu.edu
Tue Jun 20 06:00:25 EDT 2017

Hello,

My name is Ruth and I am a student at NYU Abu Dhabi doing astrophysical
research for summer.

Sorry to bother you but I have a question on how fits saves columns that
have list objects of different lengths in each cell. There is no problem
when I make an astropy table containing a column that stores the list [
[1,2] , [3,4] ] in its first cell and the list [5,6,7] in its second cell.
But when I output a fits table out of this astropy table, fits just
displays the first element of each cell. If I expand each cell the table
appears distorted. In addtion, when I read in the table I wrote out, it
appears distorted.

I have attached screenshots of my code and the resulting astropy and fits
tables. I would appreciate any help.

Best wishes,

Ruth