[AstroPy] super-high-speed parsing of large FITS files

David Kirkby dkirkby at uci.edu
Thu Mar 2 18:25:17 EST 2017

Hi Stuart,

I was trying to use astropy.io.fits to read and write files with 45K HDUs a
while ago and eventually gave up and used the fitsio package, which was
much faster in this case.  You can see the relevant thread in the astropy
mailing list at
https://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/astropy/2015-January/thread.html

David