[AstroPy] Astronomy symposium at SciPy 2017: talk proposals due March 27

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp at cs.washington.edu
Thu Mar 9 10:15:09 EST 2017

Dear AstroPy users & developers,

The 2017 *Scientific Computing with Python* conference (SciPy; July 10-16,
2017 in Austin TX) will include an Astronomy & Astrophysics symposium, with
the theme *Open-Sourcing Astronomy*. Python has emerged in recent years as
an important research tool in the astronomy and astrophysics community, and
this symposium is a chance for researchers to share and discuss their
Python-driven astronomy work. Do you have research results that have made
use of Python’s open source tools? A new Python-driven method or open
source package to share? A short tutorial on how to get the most out of an
existing Python tool? We would love to hear from you. Talk proposals are
due by March 27th; there is some financial aid available, particularly for
students, with applications due April 21st. More information is available
at http://scipy2017.scipy.org.

Please forward this to anybody you think might be interested, and we hope
to see you this summer!

    Pauline Barmby & Jake Vanderplas, co-chairs