[AstroPy] Migrating to Google Groups

Kelle Cruz kellecruz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:13:07 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

The Astropy Coordination Committee is in the process of migrating this
group from Mailman to Google Groups. Shortly, I’ll send around an invite
link. The intention is for nothing to change about the group except the
address and management options. Any topic related to using Python for
Astronomy is welcome and need not be relevant to the “Astropy Project.”

We plan for the migration to be complete in two weeks and this address will
be deactivated on March 31. The archive will stay up indefinitely but no
new messages will be accepted after that date. We’ll send another reminder
next week.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that this group
pre-dates the Astropy Project and indeed, was the inspiration for the
project name and not the other way around.

Thanks so much for making this an amazing community!

Kelle
Astropy Community Engagement Coordinator

--
Kelle Cruz, PhD — http://kellecruz.com/
917.725.1334 — Hunter: x16486 — AMNH: x3404