[AstroPy] Earth Orientation Parameters

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Fri Oct 6 15:51:23 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 03:31:25PM -0400, Shubham Kanodia wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I am looking for a way to query the IERS bulletin and obtain the Earth
>    Orientation Parameters in Python. The analogue of the
>    IDL [1]hprstatn.pro procedure.
>    Just checking if this is implemented in some form in Astropy. I know that
>    I can query the IERS bulletin and obtain the table, but is the final
>    product already done?
>    My end goal is to obtain the x,y,z,vx,vy,vz of an observatory wrt the
>    barycenter taking into consideration these movements.
>    Has anyone worked on this before, or has any tips?
>    Shubham Kanodia

I have a pending pull request (since Feb) with Astropy to extract the last bits of the table necessary to do the calculation (dX,dY).  I am then computing the rest using the astropy/erfa bindings rather than through the official interface :(

Jeffrey McBeth

--
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."