[AstroPy] Putting matplotib hexbin into an Aitoff projection

Kelle Cruz kellecruz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:36:35 EDT 2017

Just to follow up on this, it looks like Nic’s question got a couple
matplotlib + Aitoff’s projections:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46320712/putting-
matplotib-hexbin-into-an-aitoff-projection

(For the record, the tone of the responses by ImportanceofBeingEarnest are
not in the spirit of the Astropy Project’s Code of Conduct. Indeed, they
are actually great examples of tone which should be avoided in order to
foster a welcoming and supportive community.)

Kelle

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Nicholas Ross <npross at roe.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I’m having a really hard time here, just wanting to put a matplotib hexbin
> into an Aitoff projection.
> There code and details are here::
>         https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46320712/putting-
> matplotib-hexbin-into-an-aitoff-projection
> Any and all thoughts, suggestions and comments, would more than welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Nic
>

> ====================================
>   Dr. Nicholas P. Ross
>   STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellow
>   Institute for Astronomy
>   University of Edinburgh
>   Royal Observatory, Blackford Hill
>   Edinburgh EH9 3HJ, United Kingdom
>   +44 (0)131-668 8351
>   www.roe.ac.uk/~npross/
>   github.com/d80b2t/

Kelle Cruz, PhD — http://kellecruz.com/
917.725.1334 — Hunter: x16486 — AMNH: x7930