[AstroPy] Translation Authority of Astropy

DVD PS dps.helio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:32:00 EDT 2018

Hi Zhetao Tan,

And please, share the process!! What are you trying to translate? The
documentation? the docstrings? or going even as far as the code itself (
http://reganmian.net/blog/2008/11/21/chinese-python-translating-a-programming-language/
) ??

I don't know what astropy would like to do, but I appreciate to find
everything in the same place where you can switch from one language to
another and know whether you are reading an up to date document or
something that happened n years ago for a version that's not maintained
anymore.
2 links that may help the process:
- http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/intl.html
- http://docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/localization.html

As I'm in a similar endeavour for a different project (not based on python
or sphinx), please - keep me in the loop about what you've tried and what
works better for you.

Thanks!
David