[AstroPy] Problem querying NED with astropy

Shupe, David L. shupe at ipac.caltech.edu
Sun Aug 18 11:18:37 EDT 2019

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for your inquiry about using astroquery.ned. The astroquery package is not included with Anaconda, so there is an additional installation needed for it.

Following https://astroquery.readthedocs.io/en/latest/, since you have Anaconda installed, you can do “conda install -c astropy astroquery” to get a tagged release. Or, for the latest version you can instead do “pip install --pre astroquery”.

Please feel free to contact me off-list if you have further questions, or are otherwise having trouble with the module for NED.

Regards,
David Shupe
Caltech/IPAC