[AstroPy] Is the solar position calculation

Bruce Simonson bruce.simonson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 14:12:42 EST 2019

Greetings,

I'm new to astropy, and the mailing list.  I'm not sure (yet) how to search

I'm wondering if a particular solar position calculator has been
implemented in astropy.  Here is the reference:

Reda, I.; Andreas, A. (2003). Solar Position Algorithm for Solar Radiation
Applications. 55 pp.; NREL Report No. TP-560-34302, Revised January 2008.
<http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy08osti/34302.pdf>

Here is an implementation, from NREL, online:

https://midcdmz.nrel.gov/solpos/spa.html

I would like to compute solar positions, based on (most of) the parameters
available in this solar position calculator -- ideally from a python
module, especially astropy, if the calculator has been implemented.

Sorry for the post, if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Thanks,
-Bruce