[AstroPy] Continuum subtraction

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Sun Dec 29 12:31:29 EST 2019

Thanks for asking this.  I have been looking at something a bit similar
in the optical and have also run into issues.

IMHO the specutils tools are OK/fine until the data gets noisy. Looking
at medium redshift (z~1.0) QSO spectra in particular (even woth a
reasonable S/N).

I too would be interested in any comments that people have on the
relative merits of the packages and recommendations.

Peter Dzwig

PS I also think that the specutils demos could make more use of real
data in this area and suggest ways of handling it.

On 28/12/2019 12:54, Gordon Dennis wrote:
> Good afternoon all
>
> I am observing low-Z spiral galaxies through H-alpha filters as tracers
> of SFR.  Are there any Python libraries available to perform continuum
> subtraction on such images?
>
> Gordon Dennis
>

> +44(0)1934 838096 / +44(0)7774628110 / Skype: gordon.dennis
>
> Sent from my Analytical Engine

Dr. Peter Dzwig