[AstroPy] ANN: APLpy 2.0 released!

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:13:41 EST 2019

Hi everyone,

We are very happy to announce the release of APLpy 2.0!

The APLpy package provides a way to easily produce publication-quality
plots of astronomical images. Since the 1.0 release of APLpy in 2015,
we have been working on rewriting large parts of APLpy to use as much
as possible the rest of the Astropy ecosystem, including for example
astropy.visualization and the reproject package. Note that APLpy 2.0
will only work with Python 3.5 or later.

You can install this new version of APLpy using:

    pip install aplpy

or if you use conda:

    conda install -c astropy aplpy

You can find the documentation at:

    https://aplpy.readthedocs.io

If you run into any issues, please report them in the APLpy issue
tracker on GitHub:

    https://github.com/aplpy/aplpy/issues

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to APLpy over the years!

Cheers,
Tom