[AstroPy] Fwd: A question about reading fits table.

赵赫 astronomyhz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 07:55:33 EST 2019

Dear members,

I'm a PhD student on Diffuse Interstellar Bands (DIBs).
I experienced a problem when I tried to get data from a fits table.

The read in code:
`hdu1 = fits.open()`
`data = hdu1[1].data`
A warning occurred,
"WARNING: VerifyWarning: It is strongly recommended that column names
contain only upper and lower-case ASCII letters, digits, or underscores for
maximum compatibility with other software (got '---').
[astropy.io.fits.column]"

The columns of the data is like:
[image: err1.PNG]

When I accessed the data with `data[0]`, I met an error:
[image: Capture.PNG]
[image: Capture.PNG]
This also occurred when I got the column `data['UVW2'], but I successfully
accessed to the columns like 'Name' and 'RAdeg' in the data.

I don't what causes this error and can't solve it.
If you have some comments, please contact me.

Best regards,
He Zhao