[AstroPy] fft_psd_tools and radialAverageBins() in astropy 3.1

Adam Ginsburg adam.g.ginsburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:43:55 EDT 2019

The code you're pointing to is in the `image_tools` package, which is my
package.  It's not part of astropy and it's not an official affiliate.  It
uses the astropy-template, which is why the documentation looks similar,
but these tools have never been part of the astropy core package.

For a somewhat more up-to-date version of the azimuthally averaged
power-spectrum, you should look at turbustat:
https://turbustat.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/turbustat.statistics.PowerSpectrum.html